I had the oppertunity to work with two creative and talented guys who are the faces behind Stay Nice Apparel. Check out their line at http://www.stayniceapparel.bigcartel.com/ and follow them on instagram and twitter to see updates on new styles and designs.
Q&A with Stephen and Chris
*Tell me a little about yourselves?
- My Name is Stephen Hirsch and I was born and raised in New Jersey. Growing up I was always playing sports. Later on in my life I starting playing guitar and music slowly started creeping in my life and became a huge part of me. My favorite activities to do are: playing an sport, going to the beach, snowboarding, writing music, longboarding, hanging out with my friends, and eating pizza.
My name is Chris Nervegna and I was born in NJ but moved all over the east coast. Ive been playing hockey since the day I was born. When im not playing hockey, you can find me delivering pizzas, snowboarding, or longboarding til 5 am.
*What does fashion mean to you?
-Fashion is the expression of ones lifestyle and individuality. Everyone has the ability to create their own style.
*Where did you get your inspiration from?
- Most of our inspiration comes from roaming through the streets in NYC as well as NY based street wear companies such as Supreme and Only.
*What was the first article of clothing you designed?
- The first article of clothing we created was our classic crewneck which sold in Gray and Black.
*What are some of your accomplishments as a designers?
- One Saturday night when we were walking around NYC, a lady asked if she could buy my Stay Nice sweatshirt off of me that I was wearing. The sweatshirts haven’t even been for sale yet, so she was our first sale. Gave us a good amount of motivation for the future.
*What's your favorite part about conceptualizing a design?
- Our favorite part of conceptualizing a design is the amount of possibilities there are. When we were trying to finalize one of our designs, we had plenty of options to pick and choose from.
*What are some of your future goals for the company?
- Right now we only have unisex shirts but this upcoming summer we plan on expanding to women's shirts and tanks along with selling hats, stickers, and sunglasses. In the future opening up a pop up shop somewhere in NYC would ideal.
the amazing photographer of the hour Jimmy Duffy